Ideal for journalists, YouTube/Instagram creators, TikTok personalities, and vloggers, the BOYA BY-WM3U is an easy-to-use, digital true-wireless microphone system designed to capture clear, intelligible speech to your Android phone/tablet, DSLR/mirrorless camera, or any smartphone/tablet equipped with a headphone jack.
With a microphone built inside the clip-on transmitter and a compact receiver that plugs directly into your recording device, the system delivers a true, cable-free experience with no bodypack and no cables required, allowing complete freedom of movement for demonstrations, presentations, and performances. Thanks to the transmitter's miniature housing, you can clip it to clothing, slide it into a shirt pocket, place it on a podium, or hold it in your hand. This enables you to position the microphone near the speaker's mouth to deliver greatly improved sound quality compared to the built-in mics on DSLRs and mobile devices.
The BY-WM3U offers immediate out-of-the-box operability for anyone, regardless of their level of experience. Once it's removed from the included charging case, plugged in, and powered on, the microphone is set and ready, so you can focus on creating your content. The system delivers reliable transmission with a clean sound at a distance up to 65' for up to 4.5 hours on rechargeable batteries.
The BY-WM3U comes with everything necessary for recording clear-sounding speech in any location. In addition to the clip-on transmitter with built-in microphone and the plug-in receiver with its three types of interchangeable audio adapters, you also get a foam windscreen and a furry windshield to reduce wind noise when working outdoors. A charging case is included to recharge the batteries and securely transport your equipment.
Plug-In Receiver with Three Interchangeable Adapters for All Your Devices
The miniature plug-in receiver comes with a set of three audio adapters, allowing you to connect it to virtually any recording device—no cables or clips required.
- USB Type-C adapter plugs directly into the USB port of your Android phone or tablet (gives you better audio quality over using the headphone jack on your phone/tablet)
- 3.5mm TRRS adapter plugs directly into the headphone jack of your iOS/Android smartphone/tablet
- 3.5mm TRS adapter plugs directly into the audio input of your camera, camcorder, or digital recorder
Versatile Charging Case for Powering In the Field
- To recharge both transmitter and receiver at the same time, place them in their respective cradles inside the charging case, and connect the case to USB power via the included USB charging cable.
- The fast-charging case recharges the transmitter and receiver in just 2 hours.
- The charging case itself features a 1000mAh rechargeable battery, which can be used to recharge both transmitter and receiver when working in the field without access to a power source.
- The transmitter operates 4.5 hours on a full charge and the receiver 8 hours.
True-Wireless Microphone That's Easy to Use and Ready to Go
- Use the compact clip-on transmitter as a true-wireless microphone with its built-in mic element—no cable between mic and transmitter required as with traditional bodypack transmitters.
- Place the transmitter and receiver in the charging case and close the cover. Open the cover again and they are both automatically powered and paired for immediate use without any setup required.
- You can quickly mute the microphone/transmitter with a short press of the power button.
- An LED indicator on both units shows power, muting, and low-battery level.
- Slim plug-in receiver does not interfere with the operation of a gimbal.
- This digital wireless system avoids interference from TV and radio waves by operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.
- Operate up to 20 systems simultaneously in the same environment.