The Zoom LiveTrak L-8 digital mixer and recorder puts the flexibility of Zoom's popular LiveTrak L-Series range in a compact and portable format that's optimized for podcasting and music production on the go. The LiveTrak L-8 provides tactile controls and intuitive functionality, so you can start a podcasting or music recording session in minutes.
With six mic preamps, four independent headphone outputs, a phone tap for call-in interviews, and six sound pads, the LiveTrak L-8 can easily handle roundtable podcasts or tracking multiple musicians. Since it can be operated on AA batteries or a USB power supply, it can join you no matter where you go to record.
Whether you record to an SD card, stream via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device, or do both at the same time, the LiveTrak L-8 gives you up to 12 channels of simultaneous multitrack recording. Just add microphones (dynamic or condenser), hook up headphones, and get ready to produce quality content in no time.
- Thanks to its six transparent, low-noise mic preamps with selectable phantom power, the LiveTrak L-8 can accommodate dynamic or condenser microphones for you and multiple guests.
- Just insert an SDHC or SDXC card to start recording right away. Keep in mind that you can multitrack record via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device (separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit required) whether or not you track to an SD card.
- No matter which media you choose, the L-8 records separate tracks to ensure flexibility in post-production processes such as editing and mixing.
- Use sound effects and music clips to add excitement to your podcast. The LiveTrak L-8 features six assignable sound pads that allow you to instantly trigger effects, music, applause, prerecorded interviews, or ads.
- The LiveTrak L-8 comes with 13 preset sounds for its sound pads, making it ready for out-of-the-box production.
- The LiveTrak L-8's phone tap lets you easily interview a guest who is calling in remotely on the phone or via common apps like Skype and FaceTime.
- Simply connect your mobile device to the 3.5mm TRRS port using the supplied TRRS cable (some iOS devices may require a Lightning to headphone jack adapter), and the L-8 utilizes a mix-minus function to ensure that the caller won't hear their own voice echoing back to them.
- The host and each guest in your podcast should clearly hear the content of your production. The L-8 offers four 1/4" stereo headphone outputs with independent level controls and mix selectors.
- The main headphone output is sourced from the master output while the three other headphone outs can be assigned to the master mix or an independent cue mix.
- Connect the balanced XLR stereo master outputs to a pair of active speakers for convenient monitoring.
- You can easily record song demos and live performances with multiple musicians using the LiveTrak L-8.
- The first two channels of the L-8 support 1/4" Hi-Z inputs for direct connection of instruments such as a guitar and bass.
- Channels 7-8 feature 1/4" line inputs, which can be used to plug in a drum machine or stereo keyboard.
- Utilize the remaining inputs (channels 3-6) for mics on sources such as vocals and drums.
- The four 1/4" headphone outputs allow you to create custom mixes for each musician.
- Conveniently run the L-8 in remote locations via four AA batteries—up to 2 hours via alkaline batteries, up to 3.5 hours via 1900 mAh NiMH batteries, or up to 6.5 hours via lithium batteries (batteries available separately).
- A USB cable and the Zoom AD-17 USB-to-AC adapter are included for powering the L-8 from an AC outlet.
- Alternatively, you can power the L-8 via a USB battery or power bank.
- The L-8's USB connection is designed to eliminate accidental interruptions, giving you power on which you can rely.
- Set your levels, dial in the mix, then save your settings in one of the L-8's seven scene presets.
- Recall a scene at the push of a button to instantly reconfigure the L-8.
- Create different scenes for common scenarios such as podcasting, live streaming, band rehearsals, and more.
Record up to 12 Tracks
The L-8 records up to 10 discrete tracks and a stereo mix directly to an SD card at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
Use the L-8 as a 12-input / 4-output audio interface with your computer or iOS mobile device via USB at up to 24-bit / 48 kHz.
Punch record and overdub at any time for more complex productions.
Optimize the sound of your tracks via onboard effects and each channel's 3-band EQ and low-cut filter (effects, EQ, and overdub functions are unavailable at 96 kHz).